Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A thought on the great debate

I caught part of the debate last night between scientist Bill Nye and creationist Ken Ham. I intend to catch the whole debate later, but a thought popped in to my mind as Bill Nye was speaking on the live Youtube feed. It's actually a big question for both "teams" involved here.


How come Bill Nye the Science Guy is smart enough to recognize that nature doesn't work as a top down structure, but doesn't understand that markets and governments don't work as top down structures? And conversely, Conservatives understand that economics and governments work best from the bottom up but reject the idea of natural selection?

I ran that piece of profoundness past my husband and he replied, "Hmmmmfffppfmmm." 

I guess I shouldn't try to be all brilliant and philosophical when he is eating pork rinds with cheese dip.